NB: For the Stick Man project, applications unfortunately are limited to South African citizens ONLY.
Contract Duration: From March 2015 to end of September 2015
Responsible for all aspects of rendering on the production of our short film, Stick Man. This includes:
- Prioritisation and scheduling of the render queue
- Communicating with Lighting and Compositing teams
- Allocation of shots to the render nodes
- Monitoring and recording rendering progress and quality
- Projecting rendering timeframes
- Intervening when renders fail
- Ensuring a constant supply of required rendered frames to the relevant departments
- Knowledge of render farm management software (Royal Render preferred but not essential)
- Good understanding of technical aspects of render settings, load balancing and optimisation
- Must have own reliable transport and be prepared to work flexible hours occasionally
- Experience in lighting & render optimisation is advantageous but not essential (Softimage preferred).
If you are passionate about IT, possess an excellent technical knowledge, an interest in animation and want to learn more about this creative industry, this could be the position for you.
You can submit your application in full here, including your CV and a link to your showreel on Youtube. If it looks like we have a place for you, we’ll be in touch.
We are likely to have more short term animation work on other projects in early 2015. Keep checking on our blog and on our facebook page for more info!
We’re always interested in keeping updated with your latest showreel, so feel free to keep sending your best work in.